1. We value excellence. Whatever we do, whether it is music, our ministry with children, the upkeep of our building and grounds, or everything in between; we do it for the Lord and it therefore deserves our best effort. This means that everyone who accepts a role of responsibility in the church does it with an attitude of excellence. If we cannot do it “well”, we will wait until we can.
2. We value family. We believe the church is the hope for the world and it is the hope for the family. Much of our teaching and preaching centers around God’s wisdom for the family. God has been in the business of saving families since the days of Noah. And, so are we.
3. We value children. Jesus loved the children around Him. He often looked to them as examples for the rest of us. He saw what the next generation could become. So, with His passion in mind, from the cradle roll to high school, we invest in children.
4. We value the Kingdom. NCC is a kingdom minded church. Our focus is not merely on numbers or attendance, but, like the early church in the book of Acts, it is about the “Kingdom”. We invest in Mission work all over the world. We participate in “brotherhood events” and it is built into our DNA to raise up the next generation of leaders. We are a “sending church”! Bringing people into the fold and also “sending them out”. Simply put; God’s Agenda will be Our Agenda!
5. We value truth. Speaking the truth in love, we will stand on the uncompromising Word of God, whether it is the popular thing to do or not. We make no apology for trusting the solid foundation of His Word and for trying to inspire others to do the same. At NCC the Bible is preached and taught and held in the highest regard.
6. We value evangelism. Our primary purpose as a church is to do those things that will draw others into the Kingdom. Nearly every activity, every meeting, every program is designed to lead men and women into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our job is to make disciples. We are continually reminded to “Keep the Main thing the main thing”.
7. We value restoration. NCC is a part of a great unifying movement which strives simply to Do Church the way they did it in the Bible. We are a part of no denomination or central headquarters. We are a free church; overseen by a body of elders who are members of this church and community. We speak where the Bible speaks and are silent where the Bible is silent. We refer to ourselves as simply Christians, because that is how the early church was referred to in the book of Acts (Acts 11:26). We proudly celebrate the heritage of our Restoration Movement that, for over 200 years now, has served as a “movement within the church, calling the church back to the church of the New Testament”.